Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] [bindings] New traits system
From: Jesse (jesseperla_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-08 20:33:32

Rutger ter Borg <rutger <at> terborg.net> writes:
> Thanks. I just did a sync of the LAPACK bindings, I haven't committed them
> for a while until I was sure the new traits / bindings were good enough. I
> guess now they are. Please check out the latest trtri.

Great, I am now updated. A few things:
* Triangular traits seem to work perfectly, except are missing an include:
#include <boost/numeric/bindings/ublas/triangular.hpp> needs
#include <boost/numeric/bindings/ublas/detail/basic_ublas_adaptor.hpp>"

* It took me a lot of head-scratching to figure out that you no longer include
"boost/numeric/bindings/traits/ublas_matrix.hpp", but rather
"boost/numeric/bindings/ublas/matrix.hpp"
  As both of these files exist, perhaps the older ones could forward?

* The gelsd header has repeats of the same overloads... Perhaps the generator has
a bug? For example, overloads 685 and 723 are identical. When I commented out
the overloads I wasn't using, things compiled fine.

* gelss is working fine for linear least squares, but gelsd has some kind of a
bug in it (I believe the interface used to work in the version of the bindings
before you sync'd, but there is a chance I am wrong.). Now it is crashing
inside of my LAPACK (MKL on windows).

-Jesse