Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] [bindings] Which Bindings should I direct my users to? Boost proper?
From: Thomas Klimpel (Thomas.Klimpel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-19 08:08:48

Rutger ter Borg wrote:
> Thomas Klimpel wrote:
> > But Dave Abrahams' solution significantly reduces the importance
> > of this fix.
>
> I'd favour this approach and drop the Vector/VectorView stuff. In
> the docs, we could seperately annotate what kind of properties of
> the vectors/matrices are supported.

Fine with me. This will reduce the file size even further, and will probably even produce less questions for the users that happen to read the generated code and try to understand it.

However, don't remove the overload generation code completely from the generator, as I've noticed that there are a few lapack routines that have different 'io' properties (input/output/workspace/...) for the real and complex case. This even happens for simple integer arguments, so that I fear we will still need the "level2_permute" functionality as used by "computational/trevc.hpp".

Regards,
Thomas