Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: [ublas] Support for more general ranges
From: gsermaid (linuxfever_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-20 12:49:30

Hi all, I would like to ask if there is any way to create a vector proxy based on a general range of indices. For example, if I have a vector vector<unsigned> x(4); x <<= 1,2,3,4; and a vector of indices  vector<size_t> k(2); k <<= 0,3; I would like to be able to create a vector proxy as follows vector_proxy<unsigned> mysubvector(x, k); with the property that mysubvector[i] = x[k[i]]. I know I can create a simple new class which provides this functionality but ideally I also want to have all the useful iterator functionality and mathematical operations supported by a typical ublas vector. Is this currently supported? If not, is there an easy way to  implement it and have all the functionality that ublas offer? Finally, do you think something like this could be included in future versions? Regards, Giorgos