Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] Status of development /Benchmarks
From: Riccardo Rossi (rrossi_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-07 13:50:02

Dear David,

all of the thins you poin out are nice ... if i could add something to the
wish list i woul like to add a few items:
1 - please mantain some sort of backward compatibility for people that do
not use internals... functions as noalias, prod innner_prod etc, while not
strictly needed do not make any harm and maintaining them woul make
people's life easier in the migration...
2 - clearly separate where openmp is going to be used (for example sparse
and large dense matrices) and where not ("tiny" matrices both in stack and
heap). this is important as one needs to avoid nested openmp parallelism
3 - it would be nice to have more c interoperability with the internals of
sparse matrices. this would make much easier to wrie wrappers
4 - consider pastix as a direct solver apart for mumps. it is really good
and actively developed...

good luck with your effort
ciao
Riccardo