Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] LAPACK bindings error
From: Rutger ter Borg (rutger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-04-08 03:20:30

On 2014-03-24 18:28, Thomas Klimpel wrote:
> Hi,
>

>> Is this the latest version of boost/numeric/bindings?
>> https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/numeric_bindings/boost/numeric/bindings/
>
> Yes, at least that's the version I use. (Maybe I should try to get up to speed with "git", so I could answer such questions with more confidence.)

Svn is closed for commits. Since then, I've added a few bugfixes, and,
I've put my copy here

https://github.com/terborg/numeric_bindings

> I think the errors that you showed now should be fixable. The first error I see is
>
> /home/dmitry/zfilter/boost_1_55_0/boost/numeric/bindings/lapack/driver/gesv.hpp:
> 191:9: error: invalid application of 'sizeof' to incomplete type 'boost::STATIC_ASSERTION_FAILURE<false>'
> BOOST_STATIC_ASSERT( (bindings::is_column_major< MatrixB >::value) );
>
> The bindings are generated automatically, and we didn't generate a version to also accept a vector for B. (Not sure whether this would be desirable.)

It would be a minor adjustment in a few traits classes: we would have to
agree that vectors have a column major data order by default. That's
all, traits for sizes. strides, etc., are already capable of dealing
with this.

Cheers,

Rutger