Ok, thanks, I think I've read that actually, but from what I can understand, it says that prod(A, prod(B, C)) is just slow, not forbidden (and at the moment, I don't care about speed).
Anyway, I'll just use temporaries and stop complaining ;-)

Thanks again,
Daniele

On 10/16/07, Gunter Winkler <guwi17@gmx.de> wrote:
Am Dienstag, 16. Oktober 2007 13:29 schrieb Daniele:
> Thanks Karl, so I guess I'll just use a temporary.
> By the way, is this documented anywhere? I can't find it on
> boost.org. If not, probably it should be stated clearly.

Yes, it's hidden here:

http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl?Effective_UBLAS

see "Controlling the complexity of nested products"

mfg
Gunter