,  r

- Rhys
On Mar 23, 2013 4:30 PM, "Riccardo Rossi" <rrossi@cimne.upc.edu> wrote:

> Hi all,
>    &#16

Hi all,
       just to comment that right now matrices are by default row-riented as it is normal in c/c++,
 so be careful because if you were to change this default to column oriented you would orribly
affect the performance of all existing applications...

cheers
Riccardo

On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 1:47 PM, David Bellot <david.bellot@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi guys,

I proposed a Google Summer of Code project for uBLAS.
It's based on the wish list that has been done
some time ago a long time ago.

The main idea is to refactor vector into matrix to have only one internal and external representation, one set of algorithm. As a convenience, the class vector<> will still exist and will, for example, be by default a row-vector (like a simple C-array would be). Or a column-vector if we prefer but I think matlab is row-oriented by default (and I hate R which is column oriented, even if I use it every single day at work !!! :-D :-D ah ah ah ah ! Let the flame war begin)
.

OK, the idea behind this is to have a clean framework to enable optimization based on SSE, Neon, multi-core, ... you name it.
I'm sure the student who will work on that will take inspiration from boost::bindings, Eigen, Armadillo, etc...
The project is very open, so suggestions are most welcome.

Best,
David

Dr. Riccardo Rossi, Civil Engineer

Member of Kratos Team

International Center for Numerical Methods in Engineering - CIMNE
Campus Norte, Edificio C1

c/ Gran Capitán s/n

08034 Barcelona, España

Tel:        (+34) 93 401 56 96