Boost logo

Boost Announcement :

From: fred bertsch (fred.bertsch_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-19 19:07:29

The Physical Quantities System review has ended, and, unfortunately,
we are going to have to turn it down at this time. However, it is
clear from the reviews that there is an enormous amount of interest in
the library. I'm really hoping that that Andy Little will continue his
work on it and resubmit it for review.

Andy has been following the large discussion of PQS, so I will not
enumerate the more minor criticisms included there. Some of the major
criticisms that influenced my difficult decision include the
following:

* Many of the reviews liked the documentation, but improvements there
would help out for a large number of reviewers.

* If the library were more flexible about the type system used,
several reviewers would have been happier. However, I would suggest
that as long as a plan is in place for improving the flexibility, this
should not prevent an initial version of the library from being
accepted.

* Since the library includes a large number of compile-time type
manipulations, it would be great if the library included standard
metafunctions to query these types. In addition, following other
template metaprogramming conventions established within Boost such as
documenting the concepts used would be a great help.

I'd like to thank Andy Little for the work done so far on PQS and also
for responding rapidly to the prolific discussion on the developer's
list.

-Fred Bertsch

Boost-announce list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk