Boost logo

Boost Announcement :

From: Jeremy Siek (jeremy.siek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-21 09:08:14

It is my pleasure to announce that Boost.MPI has been
accepted as a Boost library. Congratulations to Doug Gregor
and Matthias Troyer on their excellent contribution to Boost!

One particularly nice aspect of Boost.MPI is the way it
leverages the Boost serialization library. So also thanks
to the author of that library, Robert Ramey.
Yeah generic programming and code reuse!

I would also like to thank all of the people that took some
time to review Boost.MPI and participate in the review
discussion: Dean Michael Berris, Robert Ramey, David Abrahams,
Geoffrey Irving, John Fletcher, John Phillips, and Noel Belcourt.

During the review, several suggestions for improvement
were made, which I recommend that the authors take action
on as they prepare Boost.MPI to be included in Boost.

1. Named parameters in the interface
2. Revise introduction to focus more on
   describing what Boost.MPI is, and move
   info about how Boost.MPI is implemented to
   a later section.
3. Document the performance characteristics of
   functions, e.g., Create_vector.
4. A copy-edit pass over the docs to catch typos, etc.
5. Hooks for dispatching between the underlying MPI
   implementation vs. a Boost.MPI provided impl.

Cheers,
Jeremy

Jeremy Siek <siek_at_[hidden]>
http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~siek/