Boost logo

Boost Announcement :

From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-07 00:37:04

Unfortunately I must say that the pimpl_ptr library will not be part of
Boost at this time. The results where decidedly against the library in
the proposed form. A few points about the library where clear:

* Many want to see a pimpl_ptr in Boost.

* The proposed design was considered to not do enough towards addressing
the handle-body idiom within C++.

* Some of the ideas, the policies, where both liked and disliked. Which
raised the specter of the lack of a policy pointer.

Hopefully we will see this idiom addressed in some near future.

Last, I must apologize for the late results. But I must thank Ronald for
the gentle prodding :-)

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

Boost-announce list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk