Boost Announcement :
From: John Torjo (john.groups_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-03 04:57:30
The formal review of the Boost.Functional/Forward library, proposed by
Tobias Schwinger, begins today :
Boost.Functional/Forward provides decorator function objects to have an
generic function object accept both RValues and mutable LValues.
An exponential number of overloads is needed with C98, so redundant
solutions are highly undesirable.
Functional/Forward is a reusable implementation asking to live in a
central place in Boost.
Download it from here:
The documentation is included in the .zip file, in the usual place:
What to include in Review Comments
Your comments may be brief or lengthy, but basically the Review Manager
needs your evaluation of the library. If you identify problems along
the way, please note if they are minor, serious, or showstoppers.
Here are some questions you might want to answer in your review:
* What is your evaluation of the design?
* What is your evaluation of the implementation?
* What is your evaluation of the documentation?
* What is your evaluation of the potential usefulness of the library?
* Did you try to use the library? With what compiler?
Did you have any problems?
* How much effort did you put into your evaluation?
A glance? A quick reading? In-depth study?
* Are you knowledgeable about the problem domain?
And finally, every review should answer this question:
* Do you think the library should be accepted as a Boost library?
Be sure to say this explicitly so that your other comments
don't obscure your overall opinion.
We're looking forward to your evaluation of this Boost candidate!
- Review Manager -
-- http://John.Torjo.com -- C++ expert ... call me only if you want things done right
Boost-announce list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk