Boost Announcement :
From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-08 11:06:04
Floating Point Utilities Review Result.
There were 6 positive reviews and no negative ones, so Johan Rade's
Point Utility library has been accepted into Boost.
The main issues and topics that came up for discussion were:
1) A couple of minor bugs were uncovered relating to signed NaN testing
when using the SSE2 registers, and deserialising NaN's: both were fixed
during the review period.
2) We had a discussion about the usefulness or otherwise of signed
and the changesign function: Johan agreed to drop support for these
signbit of NaN's is not considered part of the NaN payload and need
preserved by the compiler, this could usefully be summarised in a
especially now that negative NaN's are not formatted with a "-" sign?
3) JM made a few quite fruitless suggestions about optimising away
memcpy: this should be documented in a rationale to prevent JM from
the same mistake again :-)
4) John Phillips raised the issue of finding these tools - making
they don't get lost amongst all the other special functions and
Boost.Math. JM and Johan have agreed to work together to ensure this
5) There were a couple of suggestions for a convenience function for
installing the facets in a locale/iostream: Johan agreed to add this.
6) There was +1 vote for manipulators rather than flags to the facet
constructors - further investigation suggested this was problematic in a
header only library - so the suggestion was dropped.
7) There was one comment about the library not using quickbook for
documentation: ideally it would be nice to see this fixed so that the
integrate seamlessly with the rest of Boost.Math - but see #4 as well.
Many thanks to Johan for making these utilities available.
Review Manager for the Floating Point Utilities.
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/
Boost-announce list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk