Boost Announcement :
Subject: [Boost-announce] [Review][Ratio] Boost.Ratio has been ACCEPTED
From: Anthony Williams (anthony.ajw_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-29 11:20:57
The following message is a courtesy copy of an article
that has been posted to gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel as well.
I am pleased to announce that Boost.Ratio has been ACCEPTED into Boost.
There were not as many reviews for Boost.Ratio as for some libraries,
but they were overwhelmingly positive. Boost.Ratio is an important
building block for other upcoming submissions, and provides an
implementation of the C++0x rational arithmetic facilities.
A few changes were requested by the reviewers, which I will list
below. I know that Vicente has already started working on some of
these. These changes should be addressed before the library appears in a
* Some of the macros had names with RATIO_RATIO in. These should be
changed to just RATIO
* The ratio_add, ratio_sub, ratio_multiply and ratio_divide templates
should derive from the resulting ratio type as well as providing the
nested ::type member, in order to closely emulate the template alias
facility from C++0x
* The typos in the documentation should be fixed, and the documentation
reviewed for correctness and clarity (though several of the reviewers
made positive comments on the quality of the documentation).
* The library needs more tests under the Boost Software License.
* All references to names from the boost namespace should be qualified
with boost:: to avoid potential name clashes and ambiguity with names
from the global namespace.
* Sections commented out with #if 0 should be removed
* The extensions beyond the facilities required by the C++0x draft
should be able to be enabled or disabled through use of a
* References to the tests, examples and documentation from within the
code should be checked for correctness.
I would like to thank Vicente for submitting the library and those that
took the time to write a review.
-- Author of C++ Concurrency in Action http://www.stdthread.co.uk/book/ just::thread C++0x thread library http://www.stdthread.co.uk Just Software Solutions Ltd http://www.justsoftwaresolutions.co.uk 15 Carrallack Mews, St Just, Cornwall, TR19 7UL, UK. Company No. 5478976
Boost-announce list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk