Boost Announcement :
Subject: [Boost-announce] [Review][Chrono] Boost.Chrono has been ACCEPTED into Boost
From: Anthony Williams (anthony.ajw_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-05 05:46:39
The following message is a courtesy copy of an article
that has been posted to gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel as well.
I am pleased to announce that Boost.Chrono has been ACCEPTED into
There were a reasonable number of reviews this time, and they were
unanimous that Boost.Chrono should be accepted. Boost.Chrono provides
the time facilities from the upcoming C++0x standard, so is an
important base library.
A few changes were requested by the reviewers which should be
addressed before this library appears in a Boost release. I know that
Vicente has already started working on some of these. The requested
* The documentation needs revising to ensure everything is documented,
and it is clear which time source is used for each clock type
* The use of double underscores in identifiers should be stopped ---
such identifiers are reserved for the implementation.
* chrono::monotonic_clock will need renaming chrono::steady_clock to
match the C++0x draft
* the is_monotonic member of the clock types will need renaming
is_steady to match the C++0x draft
* Remove operator/ for dividing by a duration
* Include examples for I/O in non-English languages
* Remove "#if 0" blocks
* Address all the "TODO" items in the source
* Check the license on the time parsing code, and reimplement if the
license is incompatible
Apologies to the reviewers if I've missed anything.
I would like to thank Vicente for submitting the library and those that
took the time to write a review.
-- Author of C++ Concurrency in Action http://www.stdthread.co.uk/book/ just::thread C++0x thread library http://www.stdthread.co.uk Just Software Solutions Ltd http://www.justsoftwaresolutions.co.uk 15 Carrallack Mews, St Just, Cornwall, TR19 7UL, UK. Company No. 5478976
Boost-announce list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk