Boost Announcement :
Subject: [Boost-announce] [boost] [review] Conversion review starts today
From: Gordon Woodhull (gordon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-20 00:45:09
The review of Vicente Botet Escriba's Conversion library starts today and ends August 29.
The Conversion library manages generic explicit conversion between unrelated types. It can be thought of as a substitute for overloading static_cast, or as an alternative to lexical_cast when conversion via text is unwanted.
The code is available here:
And the documentation is here:
Alternately, you can download a compressed package here:
Reviews may answer the following questions:
* What is your evaluation of the design?
* What is your evaluation of the implementation?
* What is your evaluation of the documentation?
* What is your evaluation of the potential usefulness of the library?
* Did you try to use the library? With what compiler? Did you have any problems?
* How much effort did you put into your evaluation? A glance? A quick reading? In-depth study?
* Are you knowledgeable about the problem domain?
And finally, every review should answer this question:
* Do you think the library should be accepted as a Boost library? Be sure to say this explicitly so that your other comments don't obscure your overall opinion.
Of course, "informal reviews" and discussion are also welcome.
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Boost-announce list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk