Boost logo

Boost Announcement :

Subject: [Boost-announce] [TypeIndex 3.0] Review Manager's Report
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-04 12:00:21

Dear Boost,

The second round of peer review of proposed Boost.TypeIndex finished
on Wed 30th, and here is the review manager's report. My thanks to
the five reviewers who took the time and trouble to submit full
reviews, plus to everyone else who commented.

Votes regarding acceptance:

4 voted to accept TypeIndex into Boost immediately.

1 voted to accept into Boost with conditions.

Overall: I recommend immediate acceptance into Boost.

Conditions:

1. No one liked the present boost::typeind namespace, almost anything
else would be better. I see the namespace has already changed in the
develop branch to boost::typeindex, so I think this is already
solved.

Other common comments:

* More than one reviewer mentioned how they liked the docs.

* More than one reviewer expressed a desire for an ability to
programmatically parse through type specifier strings. I agree with
Antony that that is another library which isn't TypeIndex (something
Boost.Spirit based which works directly with mangled symbol string
representations, representing them as a partial AST - preferably also
with a libclang compatible backend - would be great, but that is a
totally different library and TypeIndex 3.x provides extensibility
for such an additional function).

* More than one reviewer sought some method of preventing link if you
mix up incompatible uses of TypeIndex and/or with RTTI.

Niall

--
Currently unemployed and looking for work in Ireland.
Work Portfolio: http://careers.stackoverflow.com/nialldouglas/

Boost-announce list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk