Boost logo

Boost Announcement :

Subject: [Boost-announce] [gsoc17] Boost will be participating in Google Summer of Code in 2017
From: Niall Douglas (gsoc-admin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-02-27 17:28:38

I am very pleased to inform the Boost community that Google accepted us
into their Summer of Code programme this year. This was especially
welcome after we were given "a year off" last year which could have
caused substantial disruption to the multi year student projects had it
not been due to the timely action of the steering committee and generous
sponsorship of a stop gap Boost Summer of Code in 2016 by IMC Financial
Markets.

Last year Google completely rebuilt the Summer of Code website so it no
longer is anything like it was before. Now we must individually invite
those who vote on student projects, so *anyone willing to rank student
project proposals* can you please email us with your details:

1. Your email address matching your Google Account so we can invite you
onto the GSoC programme.

2. (Optional) your email address matching your Github Account so we can
invite you onto the Boost GSoC github org for 2017 as a potential mentor.

Our thanks to those who have already added project ideas to
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/SoC2017, but we need MORE ideas
and MORE potential project mentors. Follow the project idea template at
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/GSoCIdeaTemplate and either add it
straight to the wiki page or email it to us so we can add it for you.

Our thanks to all in advance.

Boost-announce list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk