Boost logo

Boost Interest :

Subject: Re: [Boost-cmake] Current Dependency Graph
From: Michael Jackson (mike.jackson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-31 15:28:06

On Oct 31, 2008, at 1:21 PM, David Abrahams wrote:

> on Fri Oct 31 2008, Mike Jackson <mike.jackson-AT-bluequartz.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Wiki Might be a better place for this,
>
> Definitely.
>
>> but I'll get it out this way for now.
>
> Doesn't look quite right; IIUC there are circular dependencies between
> mpl and type_traits.
>
> --
> Dave Abrahams
> BoostPro Computing
> http://www.boostpro.com

Well I think the downside to the current dependency graph generation
is that it is dependent on "me" including the proper depends in the
"module.cmake" file. I was looking at the "bcp" tool and thinking that
this might be a better way of determining the dependency graph of
boost. It would be interesting to add code to the bcp tool to generate
a ".dot" file based on its scan of the boost and libs directories.

Mike Jackson mike.jackson_at_[hidden]
             www.bluequartz.net