Boost logo

Boost Interest :

Subject: Re: [Boost-cmake] Build failures on Mac OS X 10.5
From: E. Wing (ewmailing_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-27 18:58:31

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 7:56 AM, troy d. straszheim <troy_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> Hey,
>
> E. Wing wrote:
> >
> > /Developer/usr/bin/libtool: unknown option character `W' in:
> -Wl,-u,_munmap
>
> I'll look in to this one. Workarounds: if you don't need the static libs
> you can just turn BUILD_STATIC off. Alternately, if you don't need
> boost::mpi, you can turn BUILD_MPI off.
>
> CMake Error at libs/preprocessor/cmake_install.cmake:31 (FILE):
>> file INSTALL cannot find file
>> "/Users/ewing/Downloads/boost_1_38_0/libs/preprocessor/include/boost" to
>> install.
>> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>> libs/cmake_install.cmake:32 (INCLUDE)
>> cmake_install.cmake:37 (INCLUDE)
>>

> This one is a gotcha. You have to 'make modularize' before you 'make
> install'.
>
> -t

Thanks, I tried the 'make modularize' and that fixed up the 'make install'.

I have a slightly off-topic followup question about building boost I hope
you'll entertain. I would like to build Boost as a Universal Binary. But I
think I need the boost regex, which in turn depends on (3rd party) ICU. Does
anybody know how to get/build universal binaries for ICU so I can get the
Boost build to work as universal?

Thanks,
Eric