Boost logo

Boost Interest :

Subject: Re: [Boost-cmake] Analysis of the current CMake system
From: Brad King (brad.king_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-03 15:05:13

Brad King wrote:
> The current CDash release will not understand CTest build submissions that
> use this launcher interface, so one would need CDash from its SVN trunk to
> try it.

Sandia's Trilinos project is using CTest launchers with CDash from SVN trunk.
Here is an example page showing errors recorded by the launcher mode:

   http://trilinos-dev.sandia.gov/cdash/viewBuildError.php?buildid=927

We're still tweaking the layout if you have suggestions.

Another new feature in CTest/CDash development heads which may be of interest
to Boost is support for subproject labeling. See their main dashboard page here:

   http://trilinos-dev.sandia.gov/cdash/index.php?project=Trilinos&date=2009-02-27

Trilinos is a very large project, so they label pieces of it in CMake, CTest
propagates the labels with failure reports, and CDash interprets the labels to
break results down by subproject. The same thing could be used for Boost's
library hierarchy.

-Brad