Boost logo

Boost Interest :

Subject: Re: [Boost-cmake] Analysis of the current CMake system
From: Bill Hoffman (bill.hoffman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-04 20:21:50

David Abrahams wrote:

>> Another new feature in CTest/CDash development heads which may be of interest
>> to Boost is support for subproject labeling. See their main dashboard page here:
>>
>> http://trilinos-dev.sandia.gov/cdash/index.php?project=Trilinos&date=2009-02-27
>
> Functionally, it's pretty darned good.

Cool!
> Room for improvement:
>
> * I think we'd want a view that's limited to issues, so a subproject
> doesn't show up if it's all green (or has only warnings, configurable
> according to project). See
> http://www.boost.org/development/tests/trunk/developer/issues.html

You can do that now from here:

http://trilinos-dev.sandia.gov/cdash/index.php?project=Trilinos&display=project&date=2009-02-27

Click on Show Filters, and you can create a filter that shows only
errors, warnings or other items that you want. The idea will be to be
able to save the queries and create your own custom views for different
purposes.

> * It doesn't make good use of space in my browser window unless I make
> the browser really narrow. It would take some design work, but it
> would be good to be able to get a bigger picture view at a glance,
> especially when the browser window is large.

We are open to suggestions. There is a cdash mailing list here:

http://www.cdash.org/cdash/help/mailing.html
> * It's kinda ugly, but I suppose we can tweak the CSS ourselves.

Hey! (we actually hired a graphics designer for that...)

-Bill