Boost logo

Boost Interest :

Subject: Re: [Boost-cmake] ctest system information on mac
From: Michael Jackson (mike.jackson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-19 11:39:59

On May 19, 2009, at 11:29 AM, Julien Jomier wrote:

> Michael Jackson wrote:
>> Ok. Some hacking around and this is the output that I am getting on
>> my Xeon Workstation now. And also there is still some discussion on
>> what exactly is meant by "Is64Bits". Julien, can you comment on that?
>
> This should be the number of bits of the OS, but I don't think it
> has been fully tested, meaning that if you run a 32 bits OS on a 64
> bits processor, it might return Is64Bits=1. We need to double check
> that.
>
> When you compile on OS X 10.5.7 32 bit do you get a fully functional
> 64-bits executable?
>
> Julien

Not unless I specifically tell cmake to compile using X86_86 as the
arch.. Hang on..

I set the CMAKE_OSX_ARCHS to x86_64 and compiled and reran the test
program:

GetOSName: Darwin
GetHostname: Ferb.local
GetOSRelease: 9.7.0
GetOSVersion: Darwin Kernel Version 9.7.0: Tue Mar 31 22:52:17 PDT
2009; root:xnu-1228.12.14~1/RELEASE_I386
GetOSPlatform: i386
GetVendorString: GenuineIntel
GetVendorID: Intel Corporation
GetTypeID: 0
GetFamilyID: 6
GetModelID: 26
GetExtendedProcessorName: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5550 @
2.67GHz
GetProcessorSerialNumber:
GetProcessorCacheSize: 32768 KB
GetLogicalProcessorsPerPhysical: 8
GetProcessorClockFrequency: 2659 MHz
Is64Bits: 1
GetNumberOfLogicalCPU: 16
GetNumberOfPhysicalCPU: 8
DoesCPUSupportCPUID: 0
GetProcessorAPICID: 0
GetTotalVirtualMemory: 268 MB
GetAvailableVirtualMemory: 83 MB
GetTotalPhysicalMemory: 6442 MB
GetAvailablePhysicalMemory: 4537 MB

Is64Bits shows true which is correct. I was really asking if the
Is64Bits was referring to the CPU Capability or to the OS or to how
CMake was built. I can have any combination of the 3 on OS X.

---
Mike Jackson                 www.bluequartz.net