Boost logo

Boost Interest :

Subject: Re: [Boost-cmake] CMakeLists.txt references missing Boost.Thread files
From: troy d. straszheim (troy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-10 13:36:14

Belcourt, Kenneth wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The CMakeLists.txt file in libs/thread/src references exceptions.cpp in
> both pthread and win32 subdirectories, but neither of these files
> exist. I've removed the reference to both of these and would appreciate
> it if someone could commit this patch to Subversion (or I'll do it
> myself if that's okay with you).
>
> -- Noel

It is ok with me, at least. AFAIK nobody is maintaining the cmakelists
in subversion. Note that there was some discussion (instigated by me)
on boost-dev about removing cmake from svn and doing boost-cmake
releases out in gitland... I'm still strongly inclined to decouple
main boost and boost-cmake development in this way, as the main boost
dev cycle does not support commits to the release branch only (which is
the reasonable way to do this), and it is easy to track/merge/etc svn's
trunk, release, and tags from out in gitland. See the thread on
boost-dev titled '[boost] [cmake] revision 50756 failed to merge some
file properties'.

http://www.nabble.com/-cmake--revision-50756-failed-to-merge-some-file-properties-td25353584.html

OTOH if there are enough people willing to maintain cmake in subversion
(I'm not one of them), maybe this needs rethinking.

-t