Boost logo

Boost Interest :

Subject: Re: [Boost-cmake] Configuration for sonames for the boost dynamic libraries on Unix
From: Michael Jackson (mike.jackson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-28 15:41:16

This is THE SINGLE IMPROVEMENT someone could make for those of us
using CMake and are dependent on the boost libraries. Finding Boost
with CMake is historically a pain and is extremely error prone. There
is no support for future versions in the current FindBoost. You can
take a guess, but that is about all it is.

   If I had the time (which I don't.. ) I would add a "UseBoost.cmake"
file that gets configured and installed with Boost. inside that file
would be all the usual cmake variables that get set when
FindBoost.cmake is run:

Boost_INCLUDE_DIR
Boost_LIBRARY_DIRS
Boost_PROGRAM_OPTIONS_LIBRARY
Boost_PROGRAM_OPTIONS_LIBRARY_DEBUG
Boost_PROGRAM_OPTIONS_LIBRARY_RELEASE

Boost_VERSION.. and on and on.

FindBoost.cmake boils down to looking for that file FIRST, then
defaulting to the usual search that it currently does. Just my own
"wish list"..

Mike Jackson mike.jackson_at_[hidden]
BlueQuartz Software www.bluequartz.net
Principal Software Engineer Dayton, Ohio