Boost logo

Boost Interest :

Subject: Re: [Boost-cmake] Release 1.41.0.cmake0, RPM generator problem
From: troy d. straszheim (troy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-24 13:55:44

Gordan Sikic wrote:
> Hi Arnaud,
>
>> could you point us (at least me) on the RPM specification file you used?
>
> I didn't use any special rpm-spec file; it was generated during pacgkage
> generation. In particular, I made following:
>
> $ cmake-gui <source-dir>
> (select CPACK option to make RPM)
>
> $ make
> $ make package
>
> that's all.

Fantastic that it works so simply, thanks for the report. If I remember
correctly I tweaked the CPACK_PACKAGE_NAME from "Boost" to "Boost C++
Libraries" to get a prettier name on OSX and windows installer
executables. There must some subtlety of cpack that I don't get. If
any cpack experts want to look at this, your patches are welcome. For
now I'm going to just switch it back to "Boost", as Doug had set it...

-t