Boost logo

Boost Interest :

Subject: Re: [Boost-cmake] boost 1.41.0-cmake0 and CMake 2.6.4 - The usual, CMake can not find boost.
From: Michael Jackson (mike.jackson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-04 13:37:43

<soap-box>
  I absolutely applaud the effort that you have put into the CMake/
Boost sources. When I tried it last year I faced way too much
opposition and just gave up. Thank you for persevering in the face of
such opposition. Now, the problem. It would seem that Boost
1.41.0cmake0 is basically broken out of the box. At least for my use
case, which seems fairly common. I understand wanting to move forward
but having a release (Boost1.41.0cmake0) that depends on currently un-
available versions of CMake seems kinda dicy at best. Again, I
understand wanting to move forward but if the boost-cmake system is
going to REQUIRE certain versions of CMake at a MINIMUM then on the
document pages that really needs to be spelled out IN VERY LARGE PRINT.

  I see cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.6.4 FATAL_ERROR) appears in
the CMake files. That should probably be upgraded to 2.8.1 or
something that has the appropriate FindBoost.cmake in it.
<soap-box>

Sorry, just been a rough day...

Patch. Well, can you point me to where the rules are for the install
directory that gets labeled "boost-1.41.0" and I'll see what I can do
to get a "bjam" style option (OFF by default) put in.

Mike Jackson mike.jackson_at_[hidden]
BlueQuartz Software www.bluequartz.net
Principal Software Engineer Dayton, Ohio