Boost logo

Boost Interest :

Subject: [Boost-cmake] getting cmake errors
From: Nehme Bilal (nbilal_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-16 16:11:04

Hello all !

I just spend a full day trying to get boost-cmake working
without success.

I tried two options as described here:
http://sodium.resophonic.com/boost-cmake/current-docs/exported_targets.html

I did a test project that looks like:

cmake_test
-- boost
       -- CMakeLists.txt
       --
       -- other boost directories ...
-- build (output of cmake)

CMakeLists.txt contains:
cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.6.4)

include_directories(boost)
#
# Note "EXCLUDE_FROM_ALL" means don't build anything from
this
# subdirectory by default; only if specifically
requested.
#
add_subdirectory(boost EXCLUDE_FROM_ALL)

add_executable(my_exe main.cpp)

#
# Note: I link against a specific variant of
boost_filesystem
#
target_link_libraries(my_exe boost_filesystem-mt-shared)

When I run cmake, I get a lot of erros like:
BZip2:
CMake Error at
boost/tools/build/CMake/BoostExternals.cmake:49 (include):
   include could not find load file:

     C:/Users/nbilal/Desktop/cmake_test/tools/build/CMake/externals/BZip2.cmake
Call Stack (most recent call first):
   boost/CMakeLists.txt:126 (include)

Doxygen:
CMake Error at
boost/tools/build/CMake/BoostExternals.cmake:49 (include):
   include could not find load file:

     C:/Users/nbilal/Desktop/cmake_test/tools/build/CMake/externals/Doxygen.cmake
Call Stack (most recent call first):
   boost/CMakeLists.txt:126 (include)

from the errors I can see that cmake is skipping the boost
directory when trying to look for BZip2.cmake.
The real path is:
C:/Users/nbilal/Desktop/cmake_test/boost/tools/build/CMake/externals/BZip2.cmake

Am I doing something wrong ?
I tried on windows with cmake 2.8 and on linux with cmake
2.6 and I am getting the same problem.

Thank you !