Boost logo

Boost Interest :

Subject: Re: [Boost-cmake] Discussion of Boost-cmake moving forward
From: Brad King (brad.king_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-27 10:01:55

On 08/26/2010 11:48 AM, Michael Jackson wrote:
> These are some emails between me (Mike Jackson) and Denis about how to move
> forward with Boost-cmake. Troy started this wonderful project but now needs
> some help. Denis and I are ready to step up and help where can but we need
> some support from the rest of the community.
>
> * How do you want the Boost-CMake project to be focused? Do you want to have
> a constant clone of the upstream SVN Trunk and Release branches?
>
> * Do you want just a Boost-CMake git repo where you can get each official
> release where the cmake files have been integrated and updated for each
> release?
>
> * Other comments are welcome. Specifically on what are good naming schemes
> for the various boost-cmake branches and such.

FYI, boost-with-cmake is moving forward as part of the Boost
modularization effort in the ryppl project.

 http://ryppl.org/
 http://ryppl.github.com/
 http://github.com/boost-lib/

Modularized boost will build with CMake. Eventually Boost itself will
be developed in a modularized way.

That doesn't mean this project shouldn't continue to support Boost's
official distribution until the above work is finished though.

-Brad