On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 8:59 PM, David Abrahams <dave@boostpro.com> wrote:
Doug Gregor wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 2:06 PM, David Abrahams <dave@boostpro.com> wrote:
>> troy d. straszheim wrote:
>>> Saw some discussion on this...  here's the story.  I'll skip discussion
>>> of why one would want to do this at all :)
>>>
>>> I believe this clears the way to check the cmake stuff in to the main
>>> release branch alongside everything else: everything can happily coexist
>>> with Boost.Build.   We no longer need to do any reshuffling of
>>> directories or adding svn:externals.  I suppose that could get
>>> political.  Thoughts?
>> Let's be brave.
>
> I'd be thrilled to take this step, but I'd like to hear from Beman. Is
> it acceptable for us to place our CMake build system into the trunk
> and release branches?

Whoa; I missed the suggestion that it go into release.  My suggestion
is: trunk now, release after 1.35 ships.

I woke up thinking about this same point.

It is just plain too late to make this sort of change to branches/release. We are about to close the release to everything except emergency bug fixes, and this clearly doesn't qualify as that.

In thinking more about the effect on merging with trunk, I think that is OK (subject to caveats discussed in other messages) once I've done the missing merges analysis. That is already overdue; I'll try to get it done in the next few days.

--Beman