Boost logo

Boost Interest :

From: Matthew Vogt (mattvogt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-21 23:26:29

I would like to request feedback on a new project which may be of interest to
boost users.

cppsh is a utility for POSIX systems which allows C++ programs to be used in a
shell scripting context. It is designed to be used in the 'interpreter spec'
role in an executable script, but instead of interpreting the script content, it
uses the system compiler to build and cache executable code.

There is some rationale and discussion in the initial release notes, which can
be found at:
http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?group_id=128360&release_id=298914

This project is dependent on boost libraries, and primarily aimed at existing
boost users.

The project is at a very early stage of development, which I will summarise as:
it should currently work well enough for prospective users to evaluate whether
it would be useful to them if it were a mature project :)

The code is available at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cppsh/

If you find the concept interesting, or if you know of any other projects I
should be aware of, I would be interested in feedback.

[ Please note, I am already aware of actual c++ interpreters such as 'ch' and
the older (since renamed) 'cppsh' project on GNU savannah. ]

Thanks,
Matt

Boost-interest list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk