Boost logo

Boost-Maint :

Subject: Re: [Boost-maint] Process for the Community Maintenance Team
From: Marshall Clow (mclow.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-02-03 10:42:52

On Jan 31, 2014, at 10:04 PM, Vicente J. Botet Escriba <vicente.botet_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Le 27/01/14 02:17, Marshall Clow a écrit :
>> I’ve put up a set of procedures for the Boost Community Maintenance Team (CMT)
>> on the wiki at: https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/CommunityMaintenance
>>
>> Comments welcomed.
>>
> I don't know Git well.
>
> How to provide a patch? Should I checkout the develop branch of the library and post here a patch/diff? How I will do then a pull request? do we mean here a Git pull request?
> Or should I create a bugfix branch of the develop branch? Do I need some specifics rights to do this?

Pull requests make it easy on whomever is actually committing the change (though patches are not that hard).

I would say that for simple things, a patch is fine.
For more complicated things, fork and branch, and then issue pull requests.

I don’t think you need any privs to fork a repo.

— Marshall

P.S. My next change to function will be as simple as the last one, but I’m going to make it a pull request to see how well it works.

Boost-Maint list run by bdawes at acm dot org