Boost logo

Boost-Maint :

Subject: Re: [Boost-maint] [boost-maint][concept_check] Pull request
From: Ahmed Charles (acharles_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-02-19 04:08:30

---------------------------------------- > Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 08:50:14 +0000 > From: dnljms_at_[hidden] > To: boost-maint_at_[hidden] > Subject: Re: [Boost-maint] [boost-maint][concept_check] Pull request > > On 19 February 2014 06:46, Marshall Clow <mclow.lists_at_[hidden]> wrote: >> >> I think we (Boost) are committed to merging Stephen's changes to master. > > We're not really, he made them after being asked not to. It's up to > individual libraries' maintainers whether they want to use them. IMO > what we should do with modules where no one is dealing with changes on > develop (all of them, not just Stephen Kelly's) is revert them in > develop and create feature branches so that we can get master and > develop in sync, but keep a record of the outstanding changes. I'd rather take a less heavy handed approach and determine if the changes in develop are easily merged to master and avoid having the changes potentially get lost. > Although In this case, I had a look at the changes while I was merging > the warning fixes and they seemed fine (interestingly, there's a > comment about gcc 3.4 that they remove which doesn't seem to match > what the code does). I don't think anyone is opposed to removing > support for these versions of GCC and Visual C++. I'll try to determine if the changes can be merged standalone (without merging other modules) and submit a pull request against master if they are.

Boost-Maint list run by bdawes at acm dot org