Boost logo

Boost-Maint :

Subject: Re: [Boost-maint] It's quiet around here ... too quiet!
From: Marshall Clow (mclow.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-12 15:08:29

On Mar 12, 2014, at 10:56 AM, Steven Watanabe <watanabesj_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/8542 - looks like some offending macro
>> in the Apple header, which also affects TypeTraits; should we try fixing it?
>
> My vote is no. Fixing this everywhere in Boost is basically
> hopeless, and Apple has no business defining check as a
> macro in the first place.

I agree - Apple shouldn’t be defining “check” and “require” as macros.

That being said, it keeps coming back to bite us.

I made a patch for this and tossed it over to John Maddock (maintainer of TypeTraits), and assigned the bug to him.
He can, apply the patch, close it, whatever.

— Marshall

Boost-Maint list run by bdawes at acm dot org