Boost logo

Boost-Maint :

Subject: Re: [Boost-maint] [EXTERNAL] [boost] Process for the Community Maintenance Team
From: Belcourt, Kenneth (kbelco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-15 21:54:45

On Mar 25, 2014, at 10:10 PM, Edward Diener <eldiener_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On 1/27/2014 6:58 PM, Belcourt, Kenneth wrote:
>> Hi Marshal,
>>
>> On Jan 26, 2014, at 6:17 PM, Marshall Clow wrote:
>>
>>> I’ve put up a set of procedures for the Boost Community Maintenance Team (CMT)
>>> on the wiki at: https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/CommunityMaintenance
>>>
>>> Comments welcomed.
>>
>> Thanks for setting this up and getting the ball rolling!
>>
>> I'm going to work on this Boost.PropertyMap ticket:
>>
>> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/6954
>>
>> Since one of your CMT goals is:
>>
>> Also, a long term goal of the CMT is to find maintainers for these libraries.
>>
>> I volunteer to maintain the property map library.

Sorry for the late reply.

> Jeremiah Willcock had been maintaining the property_map library. Have you taken over that task from him ?

I doubt it, I just know it's sort of languished and know there's changes in there I want to make and others I want to merge to master.

> When Stephen Kelly was making changes in Boost, I had a long e-mail discussion with Jeremiah Willcock about separating property_map and the parallel property maps since I do not believe that including property_map.hpp should bring in all the dependencies to parallel property maps. I believe he made those changes, which are now part of 'develop' on property_map but they have never been merged to 'master'.

Great, eliminating dependencies from parallel is a good thing. My plan is to get these merged in the next couple of days (before the next release).

-- Noel

Boost-Maint list run by bdawes at acm dot org