Boost logo

Boost-MPI :

Subject: Re: [Boost-mpi] Develop VS master
From: Alain Miniussi (Alain.Miniussi_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-07-15 12:05:55

Hi,

I just realized that people with a platform boost installed had their
1.64 distrib building for the wrong reasons... (as long as a "correct"
get_data is included, it can come from /usr...).

So, considering:

a) Since the 1.65 process is ongoing, huge merges should be avoided.
b) The lib needs to live on, develop should be merge quickly so that we
can get some work done.
c) The 1.65 should build for good reason.
d) current fixes for the get_data issue are in merges against develop.

What about the following proposal:

I will manually merge the minimal subset of
https://github.com/boostorg/mpi/pull/47 that get master passing the test
even when no boost header are present in /usr/include.

It's in branch get_data_fix for those interested. Any issue/build report
is welcomed.

Then, short after 1.65 is out, develop will be merged into master unless
someone has issues with it.

People can already have a look at
https://github.com/boostorg/mpi/pull/46 and
https://github.com/boostorg/mpi/pull/48.

I'll answer to the todo list question in another mail.

Regards.

Boost-Commit list run by troyer at boostpro.com