Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-09 16:22:04

Caleb Epstein <caleb.epstein_at_[hidden]> writes:

> On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 13:46:47 -0600, Rene Rivera
> <grafik.list_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> Yep, just looked at PuTTY and indeed it has built in proxy support..
>> never noticed before :-)
>>
>> But it is possible to do it with the regular SSH. It just takes a bit
>> more manual labor. This article explains one possible way to do it..
>>
>> http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/content/submitted/ssh_port_fwd.html
>> BigAdmin - Submitted Tech Tip: SSH Port Forwarding Through a Proxy Server
>
> I got the cvs-ssh.sf.net connection through my proxy working, but
> because I don't have write access to the Boost repository, I can't
> check anything out. It looks like :pserver: is the only way to get
> anonymous access to CVS @ SF and ssh-based methods require write
> access.

I'm pretty sure I've used :ext: (ssh) protocol to check out SF
projects on which I am not a developer. Do you have a SF account, and
have you ssh'd into shell.sf.net to cause your home directory to be
created?

If this doesn't work out, and you're going to do testing, and this is
still a problem, we'll just make you a project developer.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com