Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Misha Bergal (mbergal_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-11 21:28:27

Martin Wille <mw8329_at_[hidden]> writes:

[...]

> It's no equivalent. If the only two persons who would be able to solve
> the problem aren't available for some time then this results in
> suboptimal responses. Having more than one post-processing site, as
> you suggested, would help much (assuming we're able to find people who
> will be able to help in case of post-processing problems).

We have to make the all Boost-wide processes, including:

1. Making the tarball.
2. BoostBook builds.
3. Postprocessing of the results.

visible to everyone and maintainable by group of people (not just 2
people who have developed some of the processes and are incidently
running then on their own machines).

Previously, the only boost-wide resource was SourceForge site, and
every developer had an access to it. Unfortunately we cannot run all
of Boost-wide processes on SF. On the other hand, I, personally, am
kind of tired of running Boost-wide stuff on personal or not dedicated
company equipment with only Aleksey and me having the opportunity to
make changes/fix problems/

So, we probably need a colocated Boost server, which would:

1. Provide some good visual indicator of what is going on with
   Boost-wide processes.

2. Run those processes.

3. Allow all interested parties to make changes/improvements/ or fix
   problems.

--
Misha Bergal
MetaCommunications Engineering