Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Victor A. Wagner Jr. (vawjr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-10 12:02:04

At Sunday 2005-04-10 02:33, you wrote:
>>And why exactly do you think it has something to do with our
>>"postprocessing"? The page clearly states that report has been
>>generated on "Sat, 09 Apr 2005 00:27:16 +0000", while the results'
>>time for compiler output is "2005-02-04 15:01:16 UTC". It takes
>>exactly 3 minutes to download and unpack the latest Martin's XML
>>from "ftp://fx.meta-comm.com/boost-regression/CVS-HEAD/" and see for
>>yourself that the output shown on the results page is precisely the
>>output recorded in the XML file Martin uploads to us.
>
>Apologies if my last post was intemperate, what I'm really trying to say is:
>
>We have tests that are known to pass that are shown as failing (cause
>unknown).
>
>We have tests that are known to fail that are shown as passing (cause
>unknown).
>
>Until we can track down the cause, it's hard to have confidence in the
>currently displayed results.
>
>Now: if the XML that Martin was uploading was at fault, then that helps a
>little - but - and here's the thing, aren't the old style results and the
>new style ones both generated from the same XML ?
>
>How about the python script that collects the XML for upload, is that a
>possible culprit?
>
>Victor: are you able to check to see if the XML uploaded matched what you
>expected for the range test program failures (your current results show
>them as passing today, so I'm assuming that the source has been fixed,
>making the issue disappear for now).

Oh, I waited about 18 hours (3 runs) then fixed the file myself. I can't
wait around for some developer to fix something when I'm _using_ the
current boost in real live programs (that's how I found the problem to
start with, by current project quit compiling.
I posted a notice (and in boost developers) here that I'd arbitrarily
removed a "fix" from a file that had broken both of the compilers I test.

If I were _certain_ how to modify only MY sandbox and run the tests, I
could probably get to it later today (or overnight --- west coast USA time).