Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-14 08:23:20

Hello!

In Boost.Build V2, the distiction between static and shared libraries is
less dramatic that in V1. Each 'lib' target can be built as shared library
or static library, with shared linking being the default.

This raises two questions about regression testing with V2:

1. Should we use static linking by default, or shared linking. Shared
linking might decrease link times, and binary sizes, but probably not all
libraries are prepared for shared linking (especially on Windows)

2. Some libraries have separate tests for static and shared linking, and
some don't. Should we keep this during migration to V2, or consistently run
all tests for all compiled libraries in both variants, or run only shared
variants?

- Volodya

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com