Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Jonathan Turkanis (technews_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-25 14:52:53

Victor A. Wagner Jr. wrote:
> At 23:19 2005-05-24, you wrote:
>> Victor A. Wagner Jr. wrote:

>>> Done.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>>> "Nothing obvious happenes"
>>
>> I'm not sure what this means.
>
> apologies, the original quote was from a very early text only
> "adventure" game and was actually (I typoed it originally) "Nothing
> obvious happens."

Oh, now I remember ;-)

> what it means is that I did as you asked, and there appears to be no
> corresponding changes in the results of the regression tests.

Hmmm...

> I even built the libraries using updated (from vc++6) workspace
> definitions. Am I supposed to now put these someplace so that the
> boost build system can find them?
> What next?

Defining ZLIB_SOURCE and BZIP2_SOURCE is supposed to be sufficient to tell
Boost.Build to build bzip and zlib from the sources and to link the Iostreams
tests against them.

Looking at your tests results (you're RudbekAssociated, right?) I see the
following linker errors:

   LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libbz2.lib'
   LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'zdll.lib'

The linker is supposed to look for these DLLs only if ZLIB_SOURCE and
BZIP2_SOURCE are not defined. For example, bzips.jam contains:

    if ! $(BZIP2_SOURCE) && ! $(BZIP2_BINARY)
    {
        if $(NT) && ! [ MATCH (.*gcc.*) : $(TOOLS) ]
        {
            WINDOWS = 1 ;
            BZIP2_BINARY = "libbz2" ;
        }
        else
        {
            BZIP2_BINARY = "bz2" ;
        }
    }

So the only way it can learn the name "libbz2" is if neither BZIP2_SOURCE nor
BZIP2_BINARY are defined. Could you please double check that BZIP2_SOURCE and
ZLIB_SOURCE are defined, and that BZIP2_BINARY and ZLIB_BINARY are not?

Jonathan

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com