Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Misha Bergal (mbergal_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-01 00:52:55

Doug Gregor <dgregor_at_[hidden]> writes:

[...]

> I've been digging through this a bit, and realized that the "issues"
> page generator does essentially what we want... we'd just de-HTMLize
> it and sent it off to the list. Later, a post-processing step could
> determine just who would get the e-mail CC'd to them.

> However, I've been running the script to build the reports and the
> generation of issues.html has been going for a very, very long time
> (90 minutes)... is this why it hasn't been generated for the last few
> months?

Mostly because base on 1.32.0 experience we had some reservations
about its usefulness and thus it was not cost-effective to update it
with the rest of the reports. Now it probably is very not up-to-date.

> Perhaps we could optimize the XSLT enough to make it feasible again?

I think it can be easily done. Here are some ideas:

* the test data can be generated using
  xsl_reports/test/generate_test_results.py

* I would make sure that issues.xsl generates correct results first.

* Then I would use a real regression logs and commenting out parts of
  XSLT code to find out what the bottlenecks are.

Don't hesitate to ask more questions - we very much appreciate you
looking into this.

--
Misha Bergal
MetaCommunications Engineering