Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Bronek Kozicki (brok_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-02 08:20:50

Victor A. Wagner Jr. <vawjr_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> Above comment is present in CRT sources of both MSVC6 and MSVC71. I
>> do not know how this relates to standards in *nix world.
>
> One has to wonder why the test functions in 7.1 then and fails in
> 8.0. Surely you don't imply that the older libraries were "better".

Well, "old" CRT returned NULL when input was negative. It's documented
in MSDN and quite obvious when looking at source code. I dunno if
returning NULL makes them "better" or not; it depends on what you do
with result. However, if you test the result for NULL, probably you
might test time_t value instead for negative, before actually calling
localtime?

B.

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com