Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Victor A. Wagner Jr. (vawjr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-02 09:05:10

At 06:03 2005-06-02, Beman Dawes wrote:

>"Victor A. Wagner Jr." <vawjr_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> > At 13:10 2005-05-31, you wrote:
> >
> >>"Aleksey Gurtovoy" <agurtovoy_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

> >> --toolsets=cw-9_4,gcc,intel-win32-8_1

> >>They were holding the regression process. The process had not completed,
> >>and
> >>there was no system activity showing on the task manager performance
> >>display. As I cleared each dialog, there was activity until the next
> >>dialog,
> >>then no activity until it was cleared.
> >
> > my system (details at the RudbekAssociates link in the results page)
> > behaves differently. I wake up in the morning with several "dialog boxes"
> > waiting for me to click on, but the tests have completed.
>
>This is definitely not what is happening for me.
>
>One additional data point. This morning, I happened to be staring vacantly
>at the Command Prompt window when bjam finished. A message displayed to the
>effect "could not kill build_monitor.exe, process not found"
>
>(I don't have the exact warning because later messages scrolled it off the
>screen.)
>
>Since I know (from seeing the Command window it opened) that build_monitor
>started to run, it looks like something killed it. Could it have killed
>itself?
>
>Could me minimizing the build_monitor Command window be a problem? If I'm
>using the machine for other work, I minimize the build_monitor window to
>give me more screen real estate.

I had _so_ many problems with running the regressions while doing other
work, I finally created a completely separate user(BoostRegression) for
running them. The _only_ thing that happens in that account is running the
tests (timed starts with "scheduled tasks") and a very occasional foray by
me to make sure that some new environment variables have been correctly set.