Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Jonathan Turkanis (technews_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-06 14:53:57

Markus Schöpflin wrote:
> Jonathan Turkanis wrote:
>
>> If there are prebuilt binaries on your system, and if the headers
>> are available, the relevant bjam variables are
>>
>> ZLIB_INCLUDE: path to zlib headers
>> ZLIB_BINARY: path to prebuilt binary
>> BZIP2_INCLUDE: path to libbz2 headers
>> BZIP2_BINARY: path to prebuilt binary
>>
>> I'd like you to try just setting the xxx_INCLUDE variables, to see
>> if the binaries are found automatically.
>
> I finally got around to doing this. I invoke the regression runs now
> with -sZLIB_INCLUDE=/usr/local/include and
> -sBZIP2_INCLUDE=/usr/local/include nut nothing changes for the cxx
> compiler. When looking at http://tinyurl.com/96fqx the include path
> doesn't show up on the compiler command line.

I've tried to set things up so that if BZIP2_INCLUDE is defined, it will be
added to the compiler's list of include paths. This is the relevant section from
bzip2.jam:

  template bzip2
    : # sources
    : # build requirements
      [ unless $(NO_BZIP2) : <include>$(BZIP2_INCLUDE) ]
    : # build variants
    ;

Here NO_BZIP2 should only be true if it has been explicitly set, if
NO_COMPRESSION has been explicitly set, or if you are running Windows and
several other conditions are satisfied.

As I understand, the above should cause -I/usr/local/include to be added to your
command line. Unfortunately, I arrived at this scheme by trial and error and all
I can say is that it works on my Windows system. All the other regression
runners have either set BZIP2_SOURCE explicitly or are letting the compiler find
the headers and binaries automatically.

> Did I do something
> wrong?

I don't think so. I'd say there's a 99% chance it's an error in my Jamfiles.

> Markus

Jonathan

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com