Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-17 09:00:43

"Victor A. Wagner Jr." <vawjr_at_[hidden]> writes:

>> > there was (at the time) only one failure showing non-green in the vc-8_0
>> > (maybe it was before the date-time problem was marked expected failure)
>> > results.
>> > I don't know how easy it would be to add it to a specific instance since
>> > (from my brief reading of the /EH options page in MSDN) it appears that
>> the
>> > order in which the options appear affects what's used and /EHs and /EHa
>> > would need some close looking at, since the testing framework needs at
>> > least on of them.
>>
>>I already analyzed the issues and did it for BBv2. See
>>tools/build/v2/tools/msvc.jam
>
> good, then as soon as we've finished this release there won't be any issue
> right?
> We're going to be dropping BBv1 and switching to v2?

Yes. That said, I realize we need to make the fix. Why? Because
even people that don't use bjam for their own projects will be
building their Boost release-mode libraries for distribution with
bjam, and we can't impose the cost of /EHa on every user. Some of
these people surely need high performance.

> in about 24 hours, I'm going to be gone for 3 weeks
> the system will be left running mostly unattended
> is this something that really needs to be addressed before the release
> (i.e. before I leave?)

I'm afraid so.

--
Dave Abrahams