Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Victor A. Wagner Jr. (vawjr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-13 11:20:01

At 04:16 2005-08-13, Victor A. Wagner Jr. wrote:
>At 01:40 2005-08-13, you wrote:
> >At 19:00 2005-08-12, you wrote:
> >
> > >....for newly added compilers! Boost.Python has apparently regressed
> > >for vc-8.0
> > >
> > >How can that be?
> >
> >that's getting some error I've never seen before... headers with and
> >withOUT _DEBUG ??
>

>to be a little more precise, there is (what is now) a logic error in
>boost/python/detail/wrap_python.hpp
>
>lines 23ff:
>#ifdef _DEBUG
># ifndef BOOST_DEBUG_PYTHON
># undef _DEBUG // Don't let Python force the debug library just
>because we're debugging.
># define DEBUG_UNDEFINED_FROM_WRAP_PYTHON_H
># endif
>#endif
>
>appears to include several of the "standard includes for the vc
>runtime libraries" notably crtdefs.h (indirectly).
>this header appears to check for inconsistancy in #including files
>with _DEBUG defined and not... the error shows uplater in use_ansi.h
>
>it appears as if one can mess around with a symbol called:
>
>_CRT_NOFORCE_MANIFEST
>
>in wrap_python.hpp and it will get rid of the error, I have no
>opinion yet whether the resulting code will actually work

Well, the tests apparently ran (see regression from RudbekAssociates
Sat, 13 Aug 2005 09:48:32 +0000) it's now green for python under VC-8_0.

I'm a bit concerned about the change for actual "release", it appears
that a conflict will arise if the user defines _CRT_FORCE_MANIFEST,
but I'll commit my changes anyhow so the tests start running when run
from regression.py. Obviously, if you don't like them, you can
change them to suit.

Checking in wrap_python.hpp;
/cvsroot/boost/boost/boost/python/detail/wrap_python.hpp,v <--
wrap_python.hpp
done