Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-24 10:10:12

Jim Douglas wrote:

> - compiler_status links against the 'filesystem' library but does it
> call any of the other utilities during execution? (I have run the test
> suite on filesystem and it passes all tests with one modification.)

Not that I know.

> - What directory should it be run from? (I assume $boost_root/status.)

Correct.

> - What input files does it require? test_log.xml in each of the test
> leaf sub-directories, but what else?

I think that's it. But it could be that the format of the XML files
changed and it wasn't updated to handle them.

> - What output files does it produce? I can see cs-QNX.html and
> cs-QNX-links.html in $boost_root/status. Are there others?

No, that's it.

> - When executing, compiler_status outputs the usage information. Is this
> normal even when command line parameters are correct?

Hm, I don't remember, it's been a while since I run it as most testers
now a days use the python processing part of this to publish to the
Boost regression web pages.

> - Is the --comment option mandatory or optional. What is the purpose of
> the html file, and how 'well formed' does it have to be?

Optional, not well formed at all as it just inserts the content into the
resulting HTML.

You might want to just skip the compiler_status if it's causing you this
much pain. And instead use the python scripts to publish the results so
they are integrated into the regression tables. The script is at:
boost-root/tools/regression/xsl_reports/runner/collect_and_upload_logs.py

I run it as:

python collect_and_upload_logs.py
   --locate-root=C:\DevRoots\Boost\test_1_33
   "--runner RSI Kludge"
   --timestamp=build-timestamp.txt
   --comment=C:\DevRoots\Boost\regression_comment.html
   --run-type=incremental
   --tag=CVS_RC_1_33_0

More info at:

http://engineering.meta-comm.com/boost.aspx