Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Boris Gubenko (Boris.Gubenko_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-18 14:23:10

Hi, Markus

> Did you scan the python build log for anything suspicious concerning
> the
> bz2 module? It comes with python since 2.3, IIRC.

Nothing suspicious.

> What happens when you fire up python and type "import bz2"?

It says: "ImportError: No module named bz2".

This import command does succeed on a Tru64 TestDrive machine you are
using, as expected. Your version of python is slightly different than
mine: 2.4.1 (yours) vs. 2.4.2 (mine). I will try 2.4.1 release.

I noticed, that bzip2 is not installed on the system. I've built
and installed it. I then rebuilt python with aCC -- did not help.
I then rebuilt it with gcc -- did not help.

Did you do anything special when building/installing python? Like I
said in the previous mail, I just did 'configure "CC=aCC"' followed
by 'make'. And with gcc, I did 'configure "CC=gcc" "CXX=gcc"' Did you
do something different?

This is what 'find . -name "bz2*"' reports on my system:

./Lib/encodings/bz2_codec.py
./Modules/bz2module.c
./PC/VC6/bz2.dsp
./PCbuild/bz2.vcproj