Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Markus Schöpflin (markus.schoepflin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-10 05:04:56

Boris Gubenko wrote:

> Thanks for the reply.
>
> When I specify --tag=Version_1_33_1 , I'm getting:
>
> # Unpacking boost tarball ("...boost-Version_1_33_1.tar.bz2")...
> # get_tarball failed with message "not a bzip2 file"
>
> What am I doing wrong? I don't have this problem when I don't
> specify --tag or specify --tag=RC_1_33_0.

I bet you don't use CVS when running the boost regression tests. What
happens then is that the regression script tries to download and unpack
a tarball for the source code.

I'm guessing that there is no such tarball
(boost-Version_1_33_1.tar.bz2) on the source code server, because the
automated tests usually run against the release branch or trunk, and not
  against specific version tags.

What you could do is download the boost release, and run the regression
tests with that. This is supported somehow by the python script, but I'm
unsure of the exact details.

I'm quite sure this procedure has been described on this ML before but I
can't find the right thread right now, maybe someone else could give you
a hand?

You could also try to use anonymous CVS when running the regression
tests, then you don't need the tarball at all.

HTH, Markus

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com