Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-12 13:26:28

> Can you please check this library. I am fairly sure you fixed this,
> but now it's broken (again). Has your patch been overwritten?

The compile time failure has been fixed, but there's a runtime failure now.
It apears there's a disagreement between WCHAR_MAX and
numeric_limits<wchar_t>::max():

WCHAR_MAX 0x7fffffff
numeric_limits<wchar_t>::max(): 0xffffffff

At least that appears to be the case from what I can deduce, can you double
check?

I'm not sure that's fixable by us: if this is the case then it looks more
like a QNX or possibly libstdc++3 bug to me. Interestingly, config_info
reports wchar_t as unsigned so the value for WCHAR_MAX does look wrong to
me.

Oh I don't know, looking again at integer_traits we could fix the test case
by forcing the ::const_max member to have the same value as
numeric_limits<>::max(), but then both would disagree with WCHAR_MAX ! So
<shrug> basically, I don't know what the right thing to do is here.

John.

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com